Egad! Imagine my aghastiness when I checked the LedaTape site and discovered that we had clocked more than a thousand downloads. I decided to celebrate with a complication album. This would be something a bit different, maybe a physical thingness type disc object that punters could purchase in “shops” for a derogatory cost. That way I could incrude all the covery tunez that had been suppressed from the uploaded versions. Maybe some unreleased nuglets too.
Forsooth! Zounds! Fie upon ye! Etc! Herewith…
01. Matthew xv, 17-20
02. The Shades of Meaning : Back in the Day
03. The Barry Jeffries – pro-log
04. The Barry Jeffries – Penny
05. Unused radio spot for The Pink Stainless Tail
Previously unreleased – I found this on my PC and must have been well hammered when I did it coz it was news to me…
06. The Pink Stainless Tail – The Poet’s I
Taken from the PS[T] record called This is me in the park with no clothes on… I like the flowers.. This track ain’t up on LedaTape but you can hear 5-6-7 on leda021
From the suppressed leda006
08. 7+7is – She Saw Me
From the leda018
09. Hobbs Lane Arrival Committee – Shopgirls of the World, Undress!
From the leda008
10. The Whole Fucking Shithouse – “The Motion of the Cane”
11. Simon Strong – Reactionary Song
12. Simon Strong – Ah, Flow at his Toad!
13. The Fire Dept. – Leaving Here
Withheld from leda014
14. The Barry Jeffries – Strange
Withheld from leda002
15. The Barry Jeffries – Femme Fatale
Suppressed from leda001
16. Fuck it, let’s go for beer
A fragment from leda003
17. The Fire Dept. – Mental! Blocked!
Remix of the track from HoFP3, ie leda009, this version is forthcoming on leda025?
A sudden blow: the great wings beating still
Above the staggering girl, her thighs caressed
By the dark webs, her nape caught in his bill,
He holds her helpless breast upon his breast.
How can those terrified vague fingers push
The feathered glory from her loosening thighs?
And how can body, laid in that white rush,
But feel the strange heart beating where it lies?
A shudder in the loins engenders there
The broken wall, the burning roof and tower
And Agamemnon dead.
Being so caught up,
So mastered by the brute blood of the air,
Did she put on his knowledge with his power
Before the indifferent beak could let her drop?
– W.B. Yeats, 1924